January—Month of the Holy Name of Jesus and His Holy Childhood
1. Feast of the Circumcision of Our Lord—Holy Day of Obligation; Plenary Indulgence possible (Chant in public Veni Creator)
2. Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus
3. Servant of God John (Giovanni) Parenti, Confessor, First Order, d. 1250
4. Bl. Angela of Foligno, widow, Franciscan Third Order Secular, d. 1310
5. Bl. Ortolana de Offreduccio, Widow, Second Order.
6. Feast of the Epiphany—Holy Day of Obligation
7. St. Charles of Sezze, lay brother, religious of the Franciscan 1st Order, d. 1670
8. Bl. Roger de Toddi, priest, religious of the Franciscan 1st Order, d. 1237
9. Bl. Gilles de Lorenzana, religious of the Franciscan 1st Order, d. 1518
10. Bl. Gregory X, Pope, Franciscan Third Order Secular, d. 1276
11. St Thomas of Cori, priest, religious of the Franciscan 1st Order, d. 1729
12. St. Bernard of Corleone, lay brother, Capuchin religious, d. 1667
13. Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord Jesus Christ
14. Bl. Oderic de Pordenone, priest, religious of the Franciscan 1st Order, d. 1331
15. Bl. James of Pieve, priest, Franciscan Third Order Secular, martyr d. 1304
16. Sts. Berard and Companions, Protomartyrs of the Order, d. 1220
17. Sl. Matthew of Girgenti, Bishop, religious of the Franciscan 1st Order, d. 1451
18. Bl. Catharine, Queen of England, Widow, Third Order, d. 1536.
19. Bl. Vico Necchi, Confessor, Third Order, d. 1930
20. Bl. Jean-Baptiste Triquerie, priest, conventual religious, martyr d. 1794
21. Bl. John de Padilla, Martyr, First Order, d. 1542
22. St. Vincent Pallotti, priest, Franciscan Third Order Secular, d. 1850
23. Feast of the Marriage of the Blessed Virgin Mary
24. Bl. Paula Gambara-Costa, widow, Franciscan Third Order Secular, d. 1515
25. Venerable Thomas of Olera, Confessor, First Order, d. 1631
26. Venerable Robert, King of Naples, Confessor, Third Order, d. 1343
27. St. Angela Merici, virgin, had been a tertiary before founding or joining another religious Institute, d. 1540
28. Bl. Bienvenu de Recanati, priest, religious of the Franciscan 1st Order, d. 1289
29. St. Francis de Sales, Bishop, Doctor of the Church, Cordbearer, d. 1622
30. St. Hyacintha de Mariscotti, virgin, religious of the Third-Order Regular [living in community, under a Rule], d. 1640
31. St. John Bosco, priest, had been a tertiary before founding or joining another religious Institute, d. 1888
Pelayo's resistance initiated the nearly 800-year-long Reconquista to take back his country from the ruthless invader who had conquered his homeland and sought to erase his culture and his faith. His actions would lay the foundations of a Kingdom for Christ that would eventually reach around the world and spread the Catholic faith to millions of souls. Read more...
Please help us continue to bring high quality books to our readers at the lowest possible price! Click the link below! Thank you!
Defenders of Christendom
Battles - Honor - Miracles!
This book is filled with
amazing stories of little-known
Catholic heroes presenting
spectacles of bravery and
valor never exceeded in all the annals of history.
gallantry through daring feats
of arms, the knight's faith,
coupled with his marvelous
courage, made him nearly
invincible on the field
of battle. read more . . .
Especially for young children -
Now available as an e-book!
Available for only $2.99 US
as an ebook download.
Also available in Spanish!
The exciting life story of
the holy Catholic knight
known as El Cid!
The amazing life story of the
little known incorrupt saint
- King Fernando III!
This highly acclaimed book is
inspirational to young men
and a guide to building a strong
masculine, Catholic character!
Also available as softback!