Blessed Jean-Baptiste Triquerie
Feast Day – January 20
There were many Roman Catholic priests and religious who were victims of the bloody French Revolution. John Baptist Triquerie of Laval [Jean-Baptiste], was a Franciscan conventual priest. He was about 56 years old at the time of his martyrdom. There were fifteen men and four women who were martyred together by anti-Catholic French Revolutionaries in 1794. Known as the 19 Martyrs of Laval, France, 16 of these blesseds are Franciscan. The other martyrs who died with Blessed Jean-Baptiste Triquerie are:
• André Duliou of Saint-Laurent-des-Mortiers (diocesan priest, died at age 66)
• Augustine Emmanuel Philippot of Paris (diocesan priest, died at age 77)
• Frances Mézière of Mézangers [Françoise] (laywoman, died at age 48)
• Frances Trahet of Saint-Mars-sur-la-Futaie [Françoise] (religious of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady of Evron, died at age 37)
• Francis Duchesne of Laval [François] (diocesan priest, died at age 58)
• Francis Migoret-Lambarière of Saint-Fraimbault-de-Lassay [François] (diocesan priest, died at about age 65)
• James André of Saint-Pierre-la-Cour [Jacques] (diocesan priest, died at age 50)
• James Burin of Champfleur [Jacques] (diocesan priest, died at age 38)
• Joan Véron of Quelaines [Jeanne] (religious of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady of Evron, died at age 27)
• John Baptist Triquerie of Laval [Jean-Baptiste] (Franciscan priest, died at about age 56)
• John Baptist Turpin du Cormier
• John Mary Gallot of Laval [Jean-Marie] (diocesan priest, died at age 46)
• Joseph Mary Pellé of Laval [Joseph-Marie] (diocesan priest, died one day before his 74th birthday)
• Julian Francis Morvin de la Gérardière of Saint-Fraimbault-de-Prières [Julien-François] (priest, died at age 50)
• Julian Moulé of Le Mans [Julien] (diocesan priest, died at age 77)
• Louis Gastineau of Loiron (diocesan priest, chaplain, died at about age 66)
• Peter Thomas of Mesnil-Rainfray [Pierre] (diocesan priest, died at age 64)
• Rene Louis Ambroise of Laval [René-Louis] (diocesan priest, died at age 73)
• Sister Saint Monica Lhullier of Arquenay [(Soeur) Sainte-Monique) [baptized Marie] (sister of the Hospitaller Canonesses Regular of the Mercy of Jesus, died at age 49)
They were beatified on June 19, 1955 by Pope Pius XII at Rome, Italy.
Pelayo's resistance initiated the nearly 800-year-long Reconquista to take back his country from the ruthless invader who had conquered his homeland and sought to erase his culture and his faith. His actions would lay the foundations of a Kingdom for Christ that would eventually reach around the world and spread the Catholic faith to millions of souls. Read more...
Please help us continue to bring high quality books to our readers at the lowest possible price! Click the link below! Thank you!
Defenders of Christendom
Battles - Honor - Miracles!
This book is filled with
amazing stories of little-known
Catholic heroes presenting
spectacles of bravery and
valor never exceeded in all the annals of history.
gallantry through daring feats
of arms, the knight's faith,
coupled with his marvelous
courage, made him nearly
invincible on the field
of battle. read more . . .
Especially for young children -
Now available as an e-book!
Available for only $2.99 US
as an ebook download.
Also available in Spanish!
The exciting life story of
the holy Catholic knight
known as El Cid!
The amazing life story of the
little known incorrupt saint
- King Fernando III!
This highly acclaimed book is
inspirational to young men
and a guide to building a strong
masculine, Catholic character!
Also available as softback!